Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mother of Re-invention


The lack of anything becomes the source of craving and desire - for the most part. However, when the lack of money is the subject my insufficiency, then instead of the exciting anticipation of acquiring the reward, I instead grow anxious and overwhelmed as the payment due dates rapidly approach! Until recently, I would kick into high gear and find a part time something to fill in the needed extra zeroes at the end of my bank account balance, and breeze through another month unscathed by late fees and overdrafts. With the waning supply of readily available part time work and my aging feet, I am forced to become more resourceful and review my options.
How many times have I heard "re-invent yourself" or "work at what you are passionate about"? As though we all have deliberately chosen to work in the miserably boring or tedious, thankless positions we are employed in. So HOW do you work at what you are passionate about - but first how do you know what you are passionate about? Better yet, what if you are passionate about several things or what you are passionate about doesn't provide enough income to subsist in this crazy economy?

The book, "Cure for the Common Life - Living in Your Sweet Spot" by Max Lucado; has really opened my eyes and mind to the possibility of being able to go for it! I discovered my "sweet spot" is naturally in the creative field. I love to help people, and I also love working with my hands. These things I have always known, but reading about it and having it explained so well as the reason for my miserable feelings of inadequacy and constant searching for my "purpose", has given me a renewed sense of hope for my future. This long haphazard journey of my life is not just a trail of footprints in the sand to be washed away with the next generation. The experiences can be of help to someone, I am sure of it, I just need the correct venue to present them.

Evolution was not how we got here, but the evolution of thought has been how we have gotten this far. I just hope my evolving thoughts don't take as long as the age of industry or the others cause I ain't got that long to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment